Monday, 3 September 2012

Divergent [Divergent #1] - Veronica Roth


Title: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
Rating: 4 out of 5

"I believe in the ordinary act of bravery, in the courage that drives ibe person to stand out for another."


Synopsis:In a world where uniformity is valued being unique is dangerous especially for those that do not fit into the Selfless Abnegations, the honest Candors, the intelligent Erudites, the daring Dauntless’ or even the peaceful Amitys. They are Divergent, people that don’t fit into the neat classification of their world. 

Review:
There are two loves in my life right now. A man named Gabriel and a book called Divergent. Seriously I mean it; I absolutely fell in love with this book. I picked it up and 4 hours, 3 trains and a KFC later I was watching TV with empty eyes that had Divergent flashing on them. This book is everything I like in a YA novel. It’s fast paced with a kickass protagonist and a love interest that is simply lush.

The protagonist Beatrice is… well actually she is pretty much every bullied, self-conscious, flat chested girl you have ever known so naturally you would think this story would be filled with stereotypical moments that make you want to hit the book, or maybe that’s just me. This book defies expectation; I am just about getting into the whole dystopian genre but this just about cements it as one of my favourite genres.

This book is very good developing people; the characters are very strong even if some like Eric and Peter are classic stereotypical bullies. Despite that I loved this book. Tris kicked ass and didn’t whine like a little girl at every single turn of events heck she is fearless.
As for Four, well ohhlala, now here is one seriously fine love interest. Tough, kickass and kind of damaged, pretty much tailor made for the YA genre.

The verdict

I actually really, really like this book, heck I might even go and say I loved it. It was a brilliant book that flowed with no boring and slow bits.

Overall:

I give this book an overall of 4 out of 5. A seriously awesome book by a seriously awesome author.



Product details
Paperback: 496 pages
Publisher: HarperCollinsChildren'sBooks (3 May 2011)
Language: English
Author's Website:
ISBN-10: 0007420412
ISBN-13: 978-0007420414
Purchase: Amazon / Barns & Noble 


2 comments:

  1. Beth!!! Omg, that looks a lot like my blog template. My bloggie

    ~Ariella

    P. S. u should turn off the captcha for the comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right, i loved the bockquote but its only temporary my genius but rather unreliable cousin has agreed to design a website for me as for the captcha sure

    ReplyDelete