Saturday, 1 September 2012

Savage - Willow Rose

 ENCHANTED BOOK PROMOTION BLOG TOUR OF SAVAGE BY WILLOW ROSE


Synopsis from Goodreads
The year is 1983. Christian is 22 years old when he leaves his home in Denmark to spend a year in Florida with a very wealthy family and go to med-school. A joyful night out with friends is shattered by an encounter with a savage predator that changes his life forever. Soon he faces challenges he had never expected. A supernatural gift he has no idea how to embrace. A haunting family in the house next door. A spirit-filled girl who seems to carry all the answers. An ancient secret hidden in the swamps of Florida. One life never the same. One love that becomes an obsession. Two destinies that will be forever entangled.
Review: Christian is... well perfect for the lack of a better word. He has it all amazing good looks, intelligence  money and even a musician. He was all in all the perfect male specimen which I was not fond of. Yep, I like my men rough around the edges at least in books and the fact that the book was narrated by the older Christian took some elements of mystery from the story. So naturally, I thought I was going to hate it but boy was I wrong.

The fact that Christian is not dead right now and is alive and well to tell his tale did not take away from the amount of mystery in this book. Question after question bombarded my brain about Christian and the Jaguar and the premonitions. It was just jam packed with so many questions I felt like I needed to carry on.

I am usually not all that interested in books set before my birth and I found some references which I suppose are entertaining for the older generation but even that added to the fact that it is not just something enjoyed by the young adult [over 17 since it has some pretty hot scenes. Actually make that 18 cause they are seriously damn hot too]. But seriously the relationship between Aniyana and Chris can only be described as HOLY SMOKES.

The greatest thing about their relationship is that it's not just sexual its very much emotional and through Aniyana you end up liking Christian as a character more and more as the book and their relationships progresses 

The verdict

I really really like this book because not only was it a refreshing take on what would seem like a very familiar genre but it gives a retrospective male voice which is very unique in the paranormal romance genre.

Overall.

I give Savage 4 out of 5 stars with a huge congrats for Ms. Rose for creating such a fantastic novel and a guarantee that Ms. Rose will be joining the likes of Sherrilyn Kenyon and Christine Feehan in my permanently overread books.





Product details
Format: Kindle Edition
Print Length: 447 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1477662391
Publisher: DMC; 3 edition (14 Jun 2012)
Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
Language: English
ASIN: B008BP5ONY

No comments:

Post a Comment