Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Raven's Gate [The Gatekeepers #1] - Anthony Horowitz


Title: Raven's Gate
Author: Anthony Horowitz
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
As punishment for a crime he didn't really commit, Matt was given a choice: go to jail or go live with an old woman named Mrs. Deverill in a remote town called Lesser Malling.
 He should have chosen jail.
A strange and sinister plan is coming together made in Lesser Malling, with Matt at the center of it all. People who try to help him disappear . . . or die. It all ties to an evil place named Raven's Gate - a place whose destiny is horrifyingly intertwined with Matt's own.


I didn't read this book, I devoured it. Never mind the fact that I have read it before in the distance past, even when the memories of the book seeped back into my brain I didn't care because it was so damn good.

This book is simply magnificent, it is strange, mysterious and at time freaking terrifying.Someone should really consider turning it in to a movie, its simply that good.

I love Matt as a character, he is not whiny or incompetent rather he comes out strong and a little rebellious.  The only problem I have with his character is that he acted too old for his age. I mean what 14 year old boy can chop fire wood all day right. Maybe if he was 16 it would be perfectly believable.

I really sympathized with Matt and at times I found myself egging him on to be more rebellious  more hands on with the woman who is basically holding him captive.Once again I can not stress how creepy this book really is, half the time you have no idea what the hell is really going on and who is on his side. It's a bizarre mix of fear, fury and adrenaline.


The verdict.

I loved this book. I read it in one sitting only getting up for the essential Sprite.

Overall.

I give this book 4.5 out of 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment