Sunday, 3 March 2013

Mini Review: The Origin of Species - Charles Darwin

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

There have been a few works of non fiction that have been on my TBR pile for years and this year I finally read Charles Darwin's brilliant work. As I read the book I was constantly reminded of how amazing the mind of Mr Darwin really was. As a science enthusiast and hopefully a future scientist I had been brought up on the works of Darwin therefore the ideas he presented not only seemed practical however I am always startled to a stop when I was reminded that Darwin had come up with his deductions with no knowledge of the basic human building blocks, genetics. Despite this Darwin was startlingly close to the hidden secrets of genetic inheritance, I only wish that Darwin and Gregor Mendel had had met and maybe just maybe the future might have looked just that little bit different.
 


I am going to give this book 5 out of 5 starts and a recommendation for all science enthusiasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment