Thursday, 9 May 2013

Held - Kimberly A. Bettes


 

Rating: 5 out of 5
Cover: 4.5 out of 5

Synopsis:

Nicole Lee walks out of the store and across the parking lot toward her car and her fate.

He watches her, waiting for the right moment to make his move.

When the opportunity presents itself, he seizes it, and suddenly, Nicole’s worst nightmare becomes her reality.

He holds Nicole captive, forcing her to watch as he tortures and murders a string of women, using methods that go beyond anything Nicole can imagine. She watches as he hacks up body after body, knowing that at any time, she could be next. Never knowing which breath will be her last, she suffers tortures of her own as she’s Held.


My Review:

'This guy was nuttier than a squirrel turd'

A sick and twisted 5 stars!

My mind is so confused right now. I couldn't stop reading this, my kindle battery died and only then did I stop.

This was unlike anything I've ever read and i have read a lot of kidnap and sexual sadist/violent books at this point.

This is like Comfort Food but a LOT worse. This isn't BDSM or Romantic notions of rape and physical abuse. The male lead, Ron; he isn't someone you want to understand; he isn't someone that makes you believe he has any good in him. You aren't desperate for love and devotion in this book; you're desperate to see Ron die in the worse possible way he could.

Nicole plays the part well; and at the start the banter between her and the captor is highly amusing; as time progresses you find it much harder to laugh.

This book is not for the faint-hearted; this is the most explicit and graphic story I have ever read; this includes Captive in the Dark; Comfort Food and The Tied Man. 

This book includes necrophilia, rape, battery...words cant describe how many evil things are in this.

Bettes is a fantastic writer; absolutely no question. How she managed to write a book as violent and unforgettable is beyond me; she has one sick and brilliant mind.

This isn't really left on a cliff hanger as such; but their is a book 2 and even if I want to claw my eyes out reading it; I know Bettes will keep me coming for more.

Disturbing, mind-blowing, emotional, desperate... I wont forget this in a hurry even though I almost wish I could.




No comments:

Post a Comment