Monday, 20 May 2013

It Started With A Click: A Memoir of an eBay Romance - Estelle Wilkinson


Rating: 2 out of 5
Cover Rating: 1 out of 5 (the main character barely wears dresses - ever!)

Synopsis:

It’s not unusual to find romance online through internet dating - but who would ever think of finding a partner on eBay?

That possibility never occurs to Catherine, happily single and playing the field. Until she goes on eBay in search of tickets to an England rugby match and gets rather more than she was bidding for...

After winning an auction for a pair of tickets, she strikes up a friendship with their seller, Damian. Fuelled by their common interest in rugby, their relationship moves forward very quickly. The more they find out about each other, the more they appear to have in common. But having never met, and with over 200 miles between them, can this really be the start of something special?

A true story, It Started With A Click is the collection of emails and messages sent between Catherine and Damian as they came to know each other very well.

Review:

DNF ... ugh I hate that. My first one!

I loved the premise, I loved the idea of the transcripts and following this story.

I like it to begin with, finding myself laughing out loud at parts, but it was just too long winded. I know at the start Estelle does warn us it's a slow starter but I personally couldn't get into it, it is a fairly long book. I skipped to 75% and it got a little better, the talk was a lot more what I was expecting but I got bored again by 77% and just read the end.

I tried but this wasn't for me, I really love e romances and I wanted to like this as the idea was fantastic.

The use of exclamation marks was a little tedious at times. I won't read book two. Such a shame, great concept.

I'm giving this two stars for the originality, just unfortunately wasn't for me, had great potential though.


No comments:

Post a Comment