Friday, 28 June 2013

You Don't Know Me - Sophia Bennett


Cover Rating: 4 out of 5
Rating: 4 out of 5



Synopsis:

Sasha, Jodie, Nell and Rose never expected to be famous. They didn't want to be. In fact, they wanted to keep their band a secret because it’s what they do when they’re being stupid together – dressing up and singing cheesy songs.

But someone has stolen a video they made. It’s online, and it’s been entered into a talent competition. And what’s more … it’s got 24 votes. In only a few hours it’s got 24 votes.

The girls are about to be faced with a big decision that could make them seriously famous.

 Just not necessarily the way they hoped...

Review: 

I loved this! I read all 340 pages in a day!

Two wrongs don't make a right.

So different from what I expected, I don't read books like this much; it reminded me of Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging; it had same best friend humor. 

Seminal Leotards

This story is very contemporary looking at how social media manipulates us into a certain opinion. 

With the likes of X Factor and The Voice and even the story of a particular YouTube sensation; it is now even easier to get your 'fifteen minutes'.

For these girls it happens by accident with some iPhone thievery. 

This shines the light of Cyber bullying and made me think how dangerous it is now to be so available. These teens like Cher Lloyd; who in the UK has a less than stellar reputation (a bottle of urine was thrown at her on stage ) you wonder how much we really know about them and how much is editing so that public opinion creates drama.

This is a great story and made me tear up a little; what was missing? Why not 5 stars... Love. 

( ****Spoiler***** I wanted love with Elliot and Sasha, I was a little disappointed tbh, but other than that, brilliant.)

If you like YA and books about best friends or x factor type contemporary stardom then this is for you. 

I'm so glad I have my autographed copy, thank you Sophia :)



No comments:

Post a Comment