Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Rewired (Progress #3) - Amy Queau

Cover Rating: N/A
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Synopsis:

Expected release date for the final book in The Progress Series is December, 2013.

“Because if it weren’t for Jesse, I would have never been the girl you fell in love with.” -Charlie

Impasse: def. noun. 1. a situation in which no progress seems possible. 2. a difficult or puzzling situation from which there is no easy escape.

Charlie is about to find out how far into Jesse’s tormented past she needs to travel when she hops into his car, leaving the man she loves alone and searching for answers.
But Samuel’s a fighter. He’s not about to give up without an explanation. And he’s soon to discover events in Charlie’s past that offer reasons to her recent behavior. But will it be enough for him to want her back?
Unable to forgive herself for what she’s done to Samuel - and her crumbling future without him - Charlie’s solution is simple: Help Jesse open his mind and his heart, allowing him to trust someone for the first time in his life.

Rewired is the third and final book in The Progress Series.

Warning: This book contains sensitive material (including sexually explicit content, acts of graphic violence, language, and triggers) and may not be appropriate for all readers.


Review:

"Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator. And change has its enemies.”
Robert Francis Kennedy


Progress. That's the exact word we are given. Progress isn't where something is fixed or solved, it's progressed from one place to the next.

This book, who do you think is the main character, take your pick

Charlie? 

Jesse?

Sam?

I thought it was Charlie too, I thought that we were finding out who Charlie chooses, why Charlie made certain decisions. 

But this is about Jesse, we may not understand him, and we may judge him but this book is all about him and his thoughts, I loved the surprise Jesse excerpt at the end, beautifully done Amy. 

I started reading this a little disappointed, I didn't get it. I didn't understand why Charlie left, but this isn't her story. It's Jesse's.

I left wondering about his life and wondering if I could help fix him myself, because we know with his knee bouncing, he ain't on his meds. 

I wish we got a little more of my Charlie and Sam, but I like what we saw. 

A lovely trilogy and please Amy, don't stop writing. For each person who might slate your book, one person is being touched and inspired. Jesse's letter to Charlie made me think of many things in my life. It touched me and it will others. You are a natural Amy. Don't give up. 

4.5 stars. (I wanted more Sam, what can I say) 





No comments:

Post a Comment